Have you ever heard of cyber-activism?
It is a way of using e-mail, blogs and social networking sites to publicize a cause by disseminating information quickly that is unavailable through normal government and commercial news sources. Cyberactivism can help promote agood cause!
For example, you can join different campaigns against poverty, Human Rights, violence against women, child laourb etc.
Here you have some examples:
POVERTY AND HUNGER
You can have fun and contibute to a good cause at the same time!
- Play Free Rice (For every correct answer you choose, 10 grains of rice are raised to help end world hunger through the World Food Programme.)
If you want to play your part to end Poverty and child malnutrition, sign the following petitions:
- Ending Hunger movement: sign the petition against hunger in the world, or try some other actions like sending your ideas
VIOLENCE AGAINST WOMEN
You can also take action against violence against women!
Up to 70 percent of women may be abused in their lifetime. Let us count you in to make a difference – take action NOW to end violence against women. Play this quiz and learn more!
- Click here to “say NO” to violence against women. (See the banner on the bottom left hand side and sign)
- Click here and “say YES” to take part to end with violence against women (and write a message!)
- Have a look at Amnesty International’s website to see how you can help